Saturday, October 30, 2010

This one's a freebie.

Rather insignificant thoughts based on a rather mundane and unpleasant experience:
i wish apples wouldn't rot
i try not to get too upsot
when, reaching for a fruit i thought
was nice and firm, and find it not
the same shape as the thing i bought
i try not to get too upsot
but i wish apples wouldn't rot

To those who do not know me in person, I do apologize. Most likely, I should also apologize to those of you who do... but perhaps you're better prepared to understand why I found writing poetry over an oozing fruit mightily funny. If not, take heart. More monumental mysteries await discovery.

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Thanks for the chuckles. Nothing quite compares to picking up a rotten apple when you're expecting a nice one.

Too funny!

rmn said...

Hey Lady,
At least I fully get this poem. :) I think. :) By the way, I would like to have a copy of the poem you once posted on a certain student bullentin board. Any idea which one? And thanks for your card this week. Truly internet doesn't cut some stuff--like a person's handwritten thoughts. I thought about framing that piece of art, even if it was a card. (by T. Alan Kirks) Amazing how a familiar piece of art pulls up so many old emotions and memories and thoughts and even some new ones. :) I'm reading a fascinating book about Currier and Ives' lithographs--mostly reprints.