Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 5

"Behold my servant,
whom I uphold, my chosen,
in whom my soul delights;
I have put my Spirit upon him,
he will bring forth justice to the nations.
He will not cry or lift up his voice,
or make it heard in the street;
a bruised reed will he not break,
and a dimly burning wick he will not quench;
he will faithfully bring forth justice.
He will not fail or be discouraged
till he has established justice
in the earth;
and the coastlands wait for his law."

Isaiah 42:1-4


This passage... and the season of Christmas... has become warmer and more precious since I've begun to understand what God's justice is: quiet instead of forceful, patient instead of judicial, healing instead of destroying.

It's getting colder, naked tree branches fringe the sky, Christmas music is constantly playing in our house, and Market House has evergreens and bows on their windows... I wonder if our expectant waiting and preparation for Christmas is anything like the excitement and patience of the people who waited for the birth of our Savior.

No comments: