Monday, November 30, 2009

it's Christmas time in the city

I love the way the city looks right now... whole streets lit up with twinkly lights. Even better than the beautiful, tasteful displays downtown, I love the lights on my street.




Colorful, unexpected, and hard to capture



especially with a camera that barely focuses held by shivering hands... but the option of taking advantage of those conditions always remains...




before I head into my warm abode...




As usual, this Christmas, I'm praying for the coming of the Prince of Peace to the hearts of the people I know and love... and to the hearts of the people I don't know and too often overlook.




If there is to be peace in the world,


There must be peace in the nations.

If there is to be peace in the nations,

There must be peace in the cities.

If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.

If there is to be peace between neighbors,

There must be peace in the home.

If there is to be peace in the home,

There must be peace in the heart.

Lao Tzu

2 comments:

Verda said...

Wow, isn't that so profound, yet so simple? There must be peace in the heart!

Carla said...

Oh, yes, Becca! The kingdom comes first to me. You always get me thinking :)