Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chair Makeover

 Two dining room chairs came home with me from the coolest sale last Friday.
Two for $8 is just my style.
The scratches and worn vinyl were not so much.


After much sanding, paint, and my first attempt at upholstering,
they are much more my style.

The fabric came from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
I kinda sorta really adore it.


I used this paint and absolutely LOVED it.
It's by far the best spray paint I've used.
The Painter's Touch primer is great, too.
Some primers leave little warts; not this brand.



Next on the makeover list is the dresser/secretary I use as the coffee center in the kitchen...

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Very cool Becky! I love the fabric too! I just bought a small china cabinet, buffet, and matching chair at a sale for $10! Bessie said she'd help me redo them. Do you think you would spray paint something that large? One decorating blogger I read said she spray paints everything and never uses brush-on paint. Seems like it'd get perty expensive. I also can't decide what shade of white to paint with. I'm pretty sure I don't want bright white...but I'm not into the antiqued look either. Any suggestions?

Becca said...

Oh, fun! Spray paint is a LOT easier, but it can get expensive. If you decide to go with spray paint, I don't think the size of the project matters much except for the cost. As far as the shade of white, I use ivory a lot. It's not as stark as white. I'd love to see before and after pictures!