Monday, September 13, 2010

Holidays

Yesterday was Redo-Furniture-in-Your-PJ's Day. 
I think I was the only one who knew about it
and celebrated it,
but it was glorious. 

I've had this old piece for a few years. I think I got it at Goodwill for a few dollars, an old, solid wood secretary. She served me as a dresser at my first apartment, but when I moved here, I took the secretary desk fold-down thingy off and put her in the kitchen. She serves as caffeine central station and mail collector.

She was beautiful, despite her missing knob


and dated, worn finish.



So, I gave her the royal treatment. 
Sanding, sanding, and more sanding...
several coats of ivory paint,
and new knobs. 
She feels quite refreshed.



I love how the paint showcases her elegant details



and makes the space simpler and cleaner.



A few of my favorite thrift store finds look very much at home.



Today is Scrub-the-Paint-off-Your-Hands Day.

No comments: